We offer these guidelines that you may find helpful when you are looking for information on the world wide web using Google which is the primary international search engine.
- Go to http://www.google.co.nz/
- Type into the search bar the key word or phrase that describes your search, e.g. 'spiritual direction' - a term that has ACSD at the top of page one!
- Click, 'Google Search' or the magnifying glass logo
- You'll note you have a choice in the left column to search: 'The web' or 'Pages from New Zealand'
- There are various options also like the time the info was provided by Google, or what kind of pages you are looking for, eg pages with images, etc.
- You'll notice some results (top & bottom) have a shaded or buff background. These are Google Adwords paid listings - Google is paid to place these links here - they can be less relevant than the 'organic' unpaid listings that are in the centre of the page.
- Sometimes at the bottom of the page you will see other search terms related to the term you have chosen to search.
- As you search through the pages of search results you will note they become increasingly less relevant - searching up to 3-5 pages may be helpful, beyond that it is unlikely you will find a relevant web link.
- Two links at the bottom of Google search pages are worth being aware of:
Spiritual Directors International
Spiritual Growth Ministries (ANZ)
Australian Ecumenical Council for Spiritual Direction
Mercy Spirituality Centre
Oasis Retreat Centre - Albany, Auckland
Southern Star Abbey - Kopua, Hawkes Bay
Houchen Retreat House - Hamilton
Sister Eveleen Retreat House - Sumner, Christchurch
Poetry Books by Anne Powell for sale
Spiritual Directors International provides this interview with
Dr Alexander Shaia who addressed the ACSD 2011 Training Event.
Dr Janet Ruffing - a US Spiritual Director - interviewed by SDIWorld. Janet addressed the ACSD 2007 Training Event in Wellington.